Pin registration system with 4 independent heads to bond any locations in and around the perimeter of the panel, supporting Flex and Rigid-Flex designs. System supports pinless lamination which improves panel planarity by reducing warpage, also increases hit rate for laser drilling whilst supporting better tooling hole geometry. Panel registration with an x-ray viewer can be used prior to lamination to support image scaling factors and validation.
- Bonding heads press & heat via thermal energy transfer to bond predetermined welding zones until the inner layer, prepreg & resin is fused and cured.
- Weld zones have no thickness, flat and will not impact flow and fill of resin with no impact to coupons.
- Bonded zones can withstand dilation and shrinkage of a hot press cycles upto 850 F per the InduBond® X-press.
- Heads can move in any X or Y direction to bond around or within the panels real estate per the uploaded Gerber file.
- Effective at bonding all standard material and High Tg targets too including halogen free chemistries.